NSEC minor (joint credential program with UC Berkeley)
Students in STEM (Biology, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc) are able to complete both their Bachelor's degree from UC Merced and a single-subject teaching credential in science or math from UC Berkeley. Click here for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Students in ANY minor are able to complete their Bachelor's degree from UC Merced and go straight into a credential program after graduation. We have two partnerships but the minor will allow students to get into most credential programs.
UC Merced Extension Teacher Preparation Program
- Working as a cohort, you can obtain a credential in one year through full-time study combined with fieldwork. UC Merced Extension Teaching Preparation offers both Multiple and Single Subject credential tracks.
- Complete the NSED minor as an undergrad at UC Merced and save up to $5,400 off your tuition!
- Click here for more information or email email@example.com
- TPP will be hosting online info sessions on March 21st 1-2pm, April 18th 1-2pm, May 16th 4-5pm, and June 20th 4-5pm. To register for a session click here. TPP will also be hosting application workshops on the following dates attached on the flyer.
Central Valley Teacher Preparation Partnership- Fresno Pacific University (FPU)
- UC Merced undergraduate students can have a reduced time to complete their single or multiple subject teaching credentials if they complete the NSED minor. Candidates can then complete an additional 12 units of post-credential coursework to earn an M.A. in Teaching.
- Click here for more information or click here to schedule an informational meeting with an FPU representative.
- FPU will be holding office hours this Spring 2023 Semester on March 7th, April 4th, and May 2nd from 1:00-3:00pm!
- These office hours are designed for you to ask any questions you may have about FPU's Master's and teaching credential programs including their partnership with CalTeach for those in the NSED minor.
- Check here for the details on the upcoming office hours!
- FPU will also be holding tabling sessions on Scholars lane, the dates are listed in the flyer below!
Please call (559) 453-7179 to speak with Elizabeth Torres, FPU Assistant Director of Outreach and Requirement, if you have any questions!
Other Teaching Credential Programs
- There are other teaching credential programs available that include online, private, and public options. Many of the courses under the NSED minor apply to those credential programs.
- Online Programs
- Hybrid Programs
- In-Person Programs
- UC System
- Private Schools
- CSU System
- If you would like to view a workshop covering the different credential programs above, please click here.
If you need assistance in looking through other teaching credential options, feel free to come by the CalTeach office (located in SE1, room 270) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org