The Minnie Andow CalTeach Early Career Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to UC Merced CalTeach alumni who hold a preliminary teaching credential and are currently teaching in California
Minnie Andow dedicated her life to transforming the lives of children with special needs.
Recipients of the Minnie Andow CalTeach Early Career Scholarship will have shown a sincere and dedicated commitment to the field of education, have high academic standards and exhibit qualities of creativity, innovation, and leadership.
To apply for the Minnie Andow CalTeach Early Career Scholarship, the recipient must:
- Be CalTeach alumni from the University of California, Merced
- Possess a preliminary multiple, single subject or education specialist credential;
- Be currently under contract teaching at a school in California; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to education, hold high academic standards and exhibit qualities of creativity, innovation, and leadership
Preference will be given to students who completed the Natural Sciences Education Minor + Teaching Credential Program at UC Merced and received the Minnie Andow CalTeach scholarship while attending UC Merced.
The Minnie Andow Early Career CalTeach Scholarship requires:
- A Personal Statement addressing the following:
- Your current career in education
- How you became interested in the field of education
- How you bring innovation and creativity to the current K-12 classroom
- A Reference from a mentor teacher or professor
- Provide the emails of 2 people you'd like to use as references and we will contact them
Applications are Now Closed for Spring 2022
The Minnie Andow CalTeach Early Career Scholars will each receive a one-time award of $1,000 to be used for classroom supplies for their current teaching position.