What is the CBEST?
- The CBEST is the California Basic Education Skills Test (Math, English, and Writing)
- Designed to fulfill the "basic skills" requirement mandated by law for full-time and substitute teachers
Why take it?
- If you have completed 90 units of college coursework OR hold a bachelor's degree, you may obtain a substitute teaching credential upon passing the exam
- The CBEST is good for life; it only needs to be passed once
- A requirement for most teaching credential programs
- Before you register for this test, check the CBEST information to look if you are exempt from possibly taking this test.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions to register
- Click here to register for the CBEST
- Check our social media for upcominng workshop dates
- Follow us on social media here
How Can I Find Out More?
- Workshops to come soon, visit our office or email us for more information
- Watch a recorded CBEST workshop here
- Contact CalTeach here