The Minnie Andow CalTeach Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to upper-division undergraduate students in the CalTeach Natural Sciences Education program. Minnie Andow dedicated her life to transforming the lives of children with special needs.
Recipients of the Minnie Andow CalTeach Scholarship will have shown a sincere and dedicated commitment to the field of education, have high academic standards and exhibit qualities of creativity, innovation, and leadership.
To apply for the Minnie Andow CalTeach Scholarship, the recipient must:
Be a full-time student enrolled in the Natural Sciences Education minor at the University of California, Merced;
Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a CA Dream Act Application;
Have junior or senior-level standing and a minimum GPA of 2.80; and
Demonstrate a commitment to education, hold high academic standards and exhibit qualities of creativity, innovation, and leadership
The Minnie Andow CalTeach Scholarship requires:
- A Personal Statement addressing the following:
- Your future career plans in education
- Your interest in the field of education
- Your plan to bring innovation and creativity to current K-12 classrooms
- A Reference from a mentor teacher or professor
- Provide the emails of 2 people you'd like to use as references and we will contact them
Applications will open soon for spring 2024
The Minnie Andow CalTeach Scholars will each receive a one-time award of $1,000.