How can I Become a Substitute Teacher?
To request a substitute credential from Merced County, the steps are as follows: (These steps have been modified due to COVID-19).
1. Look at this chart and identify which packet you need
2. Request that substitute packet from the Credential Specialist, Tina Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org
-In your email include your name, phone, and substitute packet number (from the linked chart in step 1)
3. Once you have received your Substitute Packet in your email it will include further instructions on how to complete it.
*Each county has a different process so if you are not applying in Merced County contact your local Office of Education
How can I qualify to apply to be a substitute teacher?
The current requirements to be a substitute teacher in Merced County are as follows:
- Have completed at least 90 credits at a 4-year university
- Passed the CBEST exam or qualified for a CBEST exemption
- For more information on the CBEST and exemptions look here
- Be currently enrolled and attending a 4-year university
What if I have further questions?
If you have any further questions please contact Chelsea Arnold our Program Director at email@example.com
You can also go to Merced County Office of Education's website here.