Bobcat Summer STEM Academy is a series of weekly workshops for middle and high school students at the UC Merced campus. BSA workshops are created by UC Merced faculty, postdocs, research scientists, students, and staff. Workshops are designed to give students one of a kind, hands-on STEM experiences.
Bobcat Summer STEM Academy runs from June 6th, 2022 – July 29th, 2022. Workshops are in-person, Monday – Friday, from 8am – 4pm. Lunch and snacks are provided. Spots are limited to 24 students per workshop.
The price is $100 per workshop (*Secure Water Futures: Super Soaker Water Academy workshop is only $20 & Get Betta at Gardening with Betta and Goldfish: An Intro to Aquaponics is $40 )
Note: Bobcat Summer STEM Academy will not be holding workshops for elementary aged children. Please refer to our website for summer opportunities through our partnership with Merced’s KiDS Discovery Station!
Hear our radio interview with Mariah Gonsalez (CalTeach Special Programs Coordinator) and KYOS about Bobcat Summer STEM Academy here by selecting the May 21st radio show!
Watch us on ABC30! Check out the video and news article here
1. 1st-3rd Elementary STEM Academy
- Partnership with KiDS Discovery Station
- Open to students who have finished grades 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd
- More information here
2. CREST STEM Camp and Virtual Sessions
- Open to K-12 students & teachers
- The sessions will feature post-docs, graduate students, research scientists, faculty, and staff at UC Merced
- Topics range from STEM activities to the innovative research findings
- Register here
3. Middle & High School STEM Academy
(as seen on ABC30 News!)
- Week-long (Monday- Friday) workshops on campus from 9am-4pm
- Open to middle school (6th-8th) and high school students (9th-12th)
- Spots are limited to 24 students per workshop
- Have questions? Look at our Frequently Asked Questions here
- The price is $100 per workshop (lunch and snacks are provided)
- Registration is now closed
4. Summer Teacher Institute
- Workshops open to K-12 teachers
- Professional development in STEM fields
- Lead by staff, faculty, guest speakers, and more!
- Hosted by CalTeach UC Merced and CCBM
- More information here
Mariah Gonsalez, CalTeach Special Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
General CalTeach Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Kouadio, CCBM Executive Director, UC Merced, email@example.com
See last year's CCBM workshops here
KiDS Discovery Station
Karrie Moua, KiDS Disocvery Station Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in holding your own webinar session?
Open to all UC Merced postdoc, graduate students, research scientists, faculty, and other staff!
Email email@example.com for more information