The CalTeach Learning Lab at UC Merced
As part of the 2020 project, CalTeach at UC Merced has opened up an outreach STEAM hub for K-12 classrooms. Schools and teachers can reserve our CalTeach Learning Lab and request a STEM activity/activities to pair with their UC Merced Campus visit.
'Experiences' to reserve at the Learning Lab
Schools and districts can reserve a one to two hour "experience" at our lab. These experiences are led by our knowledgeable CalTeach undergraduate and staff members at UC Merced.
- Choose from a variety of STEAM activities that are catered to the NGSS standard that you are covering in your classroom.
- Open to grades K-12 student groups
- Give your students a valuable campus visit by reserving a hands-on activity and allowing them to get the full research university experience!
- For more information about what we offer, please click here
How do I reserve my student group for the CalTeach Learning Lab?
STEP 1: Go on our calendar to pick a day and time of your visit: https://calendly.com/ucmcalteach1/learning-lab
STEP 2: After you pick a day and time, you will receive a link to this page, fill out all the details: https://calteach.ucmerced.edu/form/calteach-learning-lab-reservation-form
- STEP 3: You will receive a follow-up email from our Lab Manager, Hijab Chaudhry, email@example.com, or any other CalTeach staff with details/questions about your visit to the lab.
- STEP 4: You will receive a reservation confirmation and appropriate waivers/documents will be sent out to the main coordinator of the visiting K-12 student group.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Learning Lab Manager