What is the CSET?
- The CSET is the California Subject Examination for Teachers
- Designed to fulfill the "subject matter competence" requirement mandated by law for full time instructors
Why take it?
- Required for entry into most teaching credential programs
- Specifically designed for area of study
Which tests should I take?
- This credential test checklist will assist you in determining which test you should take based on subject interests.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register for the CSET
- Click here to register
- Check out our calendar for workshop dates
Reimbursements from CalTeach
Submit the following to the CalTeach program for reimbursement. We will reimburse you for one attempt on each CSET test if you are a declared NSED or NSEC minor.
- Copy of admission ticket showing charge
- Copy of test results
- Copy of bank or credit card statement showing charge
- Student ID number, mailing address
Upcoming Workshops Spring 2020
Come and work with tutors on practice problems while learning about the format of these exams!
Math CSET Workshops
Feb. 10th, March 9th, and April 6th from 2-3pm in S&E1 270K
Science CSET Workshops
Feb. 24th, March 16th, and April 20th from 2-3pm in S&E1 270K