What is the CSET?
- The CSET is the California Subject Examination for Teachers
- Designed to fulfill the "subject matter competence" requirement mandated by law for full time instructors
Why take it?
- Required for entry into most teaching credential programs
- Specifically designed for area of study
Which tests should I take?
- This credential test checklist will assist you in determining which test you should take based on subject interests.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register for the CSET
- Click here to register
- Check out our calendar for workshop dates
Reimbursements from CalTeach
Submit the following to the CalTeach program for reimbursement. We will reimburse you for one attempt on each CSET test if you are a declared NSED or NSEC minor.
- Copy of admission ticket showing charge
- Copy of test results
- Copy of bank or credit card statement showing charge
- Student ID number, mailing address
Check out our upcoming Math and Science CSET Workshops in October 2020 here.
Check out our recorded Zoom workshops from Spring 2020 to learn more about the CSET!