What is the CBEST?
- The CBEST is the California Basic Education Skills Test
- Designed to fulfill the "basic skills" requirement mandated by law for full-time and substitute teachers
Why take it?
- If you have completed 90 units of college coursework OR hold a bachelor's degree, you may obtain a substitute teaching credential upon passing the exam
- The CBEST is good for life; it only needs to be passed once
- Required for entry into most teaching credential programs
- Before you register for this test, check the CBEST information to look if you are exempt from possibly taking this test.
- Visit us online for information on how to register for the CBEST
- Click this link for step-by-step instructions to register
- Check out our calendar for workshop dates